[python-ldap] ANN: python-ldap 2.5.2

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Nov 21 05:31:26 EST 2017

Petr Viktorin wrote:
> That's a wrong assumption on your side. We all agree here that attribute
> *values* should, at the python-ldap level, always be byte strings.
> [..]
> Now, the question is about DNs, attribute names, and other data
> specified as UTF-8.

But what about the very specific values in extended controls and their
direct use for further LDAP operations? AFAICS there's no work done in
pyldap for this.

Frankly I'm really upset that you changed the API while keep the module
name space just because RedHat was too lazy to adjust own code. This is
already causing conflicts with distro packages. The role of RedHat in
this story is not really appealing.

Personally I'm considering forking python-ldap into a separate name
space to keep my own stuff working (with adapted import statements).