[python-ldap] Version 2.5.2 & code cleanup

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Wed Nov 22 05:23:55 EST 2017

Hello,

As part of python-ldap 2.5.2, the codebase underwent some clean-ups:
mainly re-formatting to better comply with PEP 8, the coding style used
by most Python projects nowadays.
These patches often changed all lines in a file, making it hard to apply
patches built on previous versions. And as I said earlier, I'd like to
merge Python3 support from pyldap, which is quite a big collection of
such patches. To make things easier for me, I'd like to do things in
this order:

- Start with 2.5.1
- From 2.5.2 (and 2.5.3), cherry-pick only the patches that don't
re-format entire files
- Merge from pyldap
- Re-format files to follow PEP 8 (Python coding guide) and PEP 7 (C
coding style) whitespace conventions
- Test & release

This wouldn't be a direct continuation of 2.5.x, so it needs a minor
version, 2.6.0. (Or 3.0, for the symbolism of Python 3 support?)

Does that sound OK to everyone?

--
Petr Viktorin