[python-ldap] python-ldap development moved to Git

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Fri Nov 24 13:20:42 EST 2017

Hello,

The python-ldap project has moved from CVS hosted at SourceForge to Git,
hosted at GitHub:

     https://github.com/python-ldap/python-ldap

To get the code, install Git and do:

     git clone https://github.com/python-ldap/python-ldap

The Internet is full of Git tutorials, but if you need some pointers or
have a specific problem with Git, let me know!

What's in the repository?

The "master" branch is based on 2.4.45, with changes from both pyldap
(the Python 3 compatibility fork) and python-ldap 2.5.2/2.5.3 merged in.

The "2.5" branch contains history imported from CVS.
The conversion is pretty good but not perfect. If anyone wants to
attempt a better conversion, I have a copy of the SourceForge CVS
repository available; just ask.

But, GitHub is not open-source!

GitHub is quite popular nowadays, but it does run on proprietary
software. For folks who prefer to use open-source services, the same
code is available at:
     https://pagure.io/python-ldap

What's next?

A lot of the infrastructure still needs to be set up.
My TODO list is at https://github.com/python-ldap/python-ldap/issues/1

Please let me know if you want to help with something there, to avoid
duplicate work.

--
Petr Viktorin