[python-ldap] Not able to fetch passwordGraceLimit's value

Akshay Adhikari aadhikar at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 08:12:37 EDT 2018

Hi All,

I was testing password policies for ldap and got around with this issue in
the following code :
[1]
https://github.com/python-ldap/python-ldap/blame/master/Lib/ldap/controls/ppolicy.py

So the problem which I am facing is, I am not able to extract
passwordGraceLimit's value. It is returning as Null value. The same sort of
code works for me while extracting value for passwordWarning. For clearance
on this I will share my piece of code.
[2] https://pastebin.com/WAYCQ7F8

Also for more clear idea I am pasting the whole code.
[3]
 https://pagure.io/389-ds-base/blob/master/f/dirsrvtests/tests/suites/password/pwdPolicy_controls_test.py
<https://pagure.io/389-ds-base/blob/master/f/dirsrvtests/tests/suites/password/pwdPolicy_controls_test.py>

Please go through it, any suggestion would be really helpful.

Thanks and Regards
Akshay Adhikari