[python-ldap] New commiters

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Tue Jun 12 04:37:27 EDT 2018

Please welcome Jon Dufresne and Christian Heimes as python-ldap committers!
The committer bit means they will be able to formally review and merge
contributions.

They made many new fixes, features and reviews over the past months, and
I increasingly felt that the limited time I can devote to the project is
slowing the development down.

Jon and Christian frequently have different opinions about the direction
of the projects. While the discussions can sometimes be heated or drag
on for longer than necessary, I believe they're quite healthy to the
project in the long run.

For those interested, committer responsibilities are documented in the
docs:
https://python-ldap.org/en/latest/contributing.html#instructions-for-core-committers

Full disclosure: Like me, Christian works at Red Hat. This isn't ideal –
while we're trying to work for the good of the project overall, we can
tend to test against and improve support for certain technologies/use
cases, and depend on other contributors and automated testing to support
others.
But if anyone feels that we're blocking or discouraging someone from
improving python-ldap for their use case, then something is wrong –
please complain loudly.