[python-ldap] Need success response code in LDAP search request

Radhika Arora radhikarora15 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 08:48:54 EDT 2018

Hi Team,

Recently I got a chance to implement LDAP search functionality in python
and this library helped me alot.

I had to implement LDAP search functionality and while doing this
implementation I found that
*search_ext_st/search_s/search_ext()* all these methods do not return any
success response code.
though I got the correct results on the basis of filter_query passed to the
function.

Search functions return some msgid which is unique in every ldap search
request and passing this msgid to *result()* gives the result_type and
result_data whereas program got hung when msgid was passed to
*result3/result4()* method.

While exploring the code I found *ldap.OPT_SUCCESS* variable whose value is
0(I think this is success response code which should be present in
response of LDAP search).

I am wondering whether success response_code is not present in the ldap
search response or I am misunderstanding/missing something in received
response.

Please let me know how can I unblock myself.

Thanks & Regards,
Radhika Arora