HTML Authentication with Python

Jo Meder xx_nospam at delorges.in-berlin.de
Fri Apr 16 11:07:59 EDT 1999

Stephen Crompton <scrompton at quantisci.co.uk> writes:

[Excellent explanation of HTTP-Authentication snipped]

If you still need to do the authentication yourself, e.g. because the
username/password combinations are held in a database that is not
supported by your Webserver: It can be done and how you do it depends
on the type of server you use. I have a working solution for Apache
(which works by (ab)using the rewrite-module) and a solution for Roxen
Challenger that I'll test in Real Life(tm) soon.

	Jo.

xx_nospam at delorges.in-berlin.de
is a valid address - ist eine gueltige Adresse.