string.join() vs % and + operators

Al Christians achrist at easystreet.com
Sat Apr 3 02:00:07 EST 1999

Tim Peters wrote :

(All kinds of [snipped] insights and outsights)

Great stuff, Tim.  You are right. Your method boosts speed by
a factor of 5 over the fastest of my 3 methods, which already looked
to be fast enough not to worry about.  In the applications I'm looking
at, building records from a few dozen fields each and then writing them
out to indexed files,  the record building should take much less time
than the I/O and record manager.  So, no matter how fast or slow
Python is compared to brand X, the internal processing will be pretty
insignificant as a part of the total run time.

Does-the-next-Python-book-tell-how-to-finish-a-message-so-that-the-reader's-IQ-equals-their-percentage-of-comprehension?

Al