Python too slow for real world

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Sat Apr 24 02:04:43 EDT 1999

Justin Sheehy wrote:

> > (And... How about builtin regexes in P2?)
>
> In all seriousness, what reason do you have for making that
> suggestion?  I am willing to believe that there might be a good reason
> to do so, but it certainly isn't immediately obvious.

One benefit would be that the compiler could compile regexps at the same
time everything else is being compiled.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Company spokeswoman Lana Simon stressed that Interactive
Yoda is not a Furby. Well, not exactly.

"This is an interactive toy that utilizes Furby technology,"
Simon said. "It will react to its surroundings and will talk."
  - http://www.wired.com/news/news/culture/story/19222.html