Kosovo database; Python speed

Bruno Mattarollo brunomadv at ciudad.com.ar
Wed Apr 21 10:29:07 EDT 1999

I presume that a SQL engine would be the fastest solution and all the
programming, in my opinion, should be done in Python using a database
connector. It depends on the uses you will give to this DB, but MySQL should
be the better choice. If you need data consistency (via FK) and a
transactional database, you should be looking perhaps to a commercial SQL
engine like Oracle or MS-SQL ... But if it's for querys mainly, MySQL if
damn fast ... :-)

Hope this helps... and specially I hope this helps a little bit for the
people of Kosovo...

/B

Bruno Mattarollo <bruno at gaiasur.com.ar>
... proud to be a PSA member <http://www.python.org/psa>