A bonus came with Learning Python

John W. Baxter jwbaxter at olympus.net
Mon Apr 26 17:32:57 EDT 1999

Actually, it looked like a billing error until I recovered from the
"sticker shock."

Folded into the book was a packing slip with invoice attached, for a large
amount* for 57 copies of Learning Python.

Once I realized this was O'Reilly shipping to and invoicing Amazon.com, I
was amused rather than comatose.

*I'm not saying *what* large amount, except to say that at that sort of
pricing in the industry, it seems odd that Amazon isn't making money.

I haven't recovered enough even to skim...but a quick paging (with a stop
at "Files in action") leads me to say "Looks good, Mark...thanks!"

   --John

--
If nothing is pressing, putter about with this or that.
    (Fortune cookie)
John W. Baxter   Port Ludlow, WA USA  jwb at olympus.net