Python 2.0 compatibility

Paranoid User paranoid at mnet.com.null
Sat Apr 10 16:46:47 EDT 1999

Hello,

We have selected Python as the scripting language for the next generation of
one of our embedded systems.  This is a very fast-track project scheduled to
ship near the end of the first quarter of 2000.

I ran across a quote that said something to the effect that Python 2 will be
incompatible with Python 1.  Before I make a decision as to whether we
freeze with Python 1.5.2, or migrate to Python 2 when it is released, I need
to find out the extent of truthfulness in the "quote".

So, if anyone in-the-know about Python 2 could let me know the proposed
extent of its compatibility with 1.5.2 I would really appreciate it.

Sorry for the obscured reply address.  I get spam from addresses I haven't
used for 10 years. 8-(

--------
Daryl V. McDaniel                  darylm @ viper.mnet.com
Micronetics
                                    (503) 621-0234        Aloha Research
Group
                                                          Portland, Oregon
USA
   "Aloha Research Group", "Mnet", and "mnet"  are trademarks of Micronetics