PythonCE

Jeff Bauer jbauer at rubic.com
Sat Apr 24 11:06:26 EDT 1999

Franz GEIGER wrote:
> Is there a chance to have Tkinter someday on a CE
> machine. Or is it too mem consuming and impossible
> therefore?

PythonWare's project-formerly-known-as-Topaz would
probably fit the bill.  It's a small, tightly coded
Tk clone.  We aren't likely to see it on the radar
screen anytime soon, alas.  (Hoping to get a rise
out of /F, who will prove me wrong.)

Another possibility would be for wxPython to run
on CE.  This isn't as far-fetched as it might first
appear.  Julian Smart's web site has already mentioned
some interest in this direction.  If wxWindows were
ported to CE, wxPython/CE would be fairly straightforward.

I am interested in promoting open source development
in this direction (PythonCE applications).  If anyone
has specific, low-cost ideas, please discuss them on
this newsgroup or contact me via email.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.