Designing Large Systems with Python

David Steuber trashcan at david-steuber.com
Wed Apr 28 03:23:49 EDT 1999

"M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at lemburg.com> writes:

-> Not sure what your "cowboy" style looks like, but Python is just
-> great for designing well-organized OO apps with components using
-> pattern paradigms [...add all your favorite buzzwords here...].

Try to imagine object oriented spaghetti.  This is what happens when
analysis, design, and coding all happen at the same time.

--
David Steuber
http://www.david-steuber.com

If you wish to reply by mail, _please_ replace 'trashcan' with 'david'
in the e-mail address.  The trashcan account really is a trashcan.

So as your consumer electronics adviser, I am advising you to donate
your current VCR to a grate resident, who will laugh sardonically and
hurl it into a dumpster.  Then I want you to go out and purchase a vast
array of 8-millimeter video equipment.

.. OK!  Got everything?  Well, *too bad, sucker*, because while you
were gone the electronics industry came up with an even newer format
that makes your 8-millimeter VCR look as technologically advanced as
toenail dirt.  This format is called "3.5 hectare" and it will not be
made available until it is outmoded, sometime early next week, by a
format called "Elroy", so *order yours now*.
		-- Dave Barry, "No Surrender in the Electronics
		   Revolution"