Publishing 'live' Python objects

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Fri Apr 9 13:22:00 EDT 1999

In article <7ekq6v$of7$1 at news2.xs4all.nl>, Camiel Dobbelaar
<dobbe at xs3.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I'm looking for advice on the following:
>
> Suppose I have a Python program that essentially does the following:
>
> while 1:
>    read from stdin
>    <fancy calculations>
>    update some buffer objects
>
> I now wish to take a look at snapshots of those buffer objects in
> 'real-time'. (the program continues running and updating the buffers)
> I'd like to do this with HTTP.

I'd suggest you periodically, during <fancy calculations>, copy the
buffer objects to a file, e.g. with pickle.  Then you can have another
Python CGI script read these files and display them upon request.

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe at strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |
Check out the Mac Web Directory!    http://www.strout.net/macweb.cgi