Python Chip

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sun Apr 11 16:42:51 EDT 1999

[Martijn Faassen]
> Hi everybody,
>
> For those who are still anxiously itching to get their hands on a Python
> machine, this was of course an April Fool's joke. :)

Oh, *now* you tell me, just hours before we were to tape out final silicon!
Wonder whether I can get my money back.

> You can now all come to destroy me now. (any other jokes in this
> newsgroup which I missed?)

Marc posted a nice amendment to his conference's menu, but all in all c.l.py
was a deadly serious gaggle of humorless geekoids this year.  Maybe that's
appropriate, though, since Guido *was* run over by an April 1st bus.

thank-god-for-the-fully-automated-python-release-process-ly y'rs  - tim