interfacing to Dragon from a Python app

Frank Sergeant pygmy at eskimo.com
Tue Apr 20 12:51:19 EDT 1999

In article <000801be89dd$d407a0c0$ed9e2299 at tim>,
"Tim Peters" <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:

> FYI, people curious about speech recognition under Windows might want to
> give Microsoft's implementation a try; see the little-known
>
>     http://www.microsoft.com/iit/

Thanks for the pointer.  I browsed around the site for awhile.

> This is not for the Windows-ignorant, weak-hearted, or slow-modem'ed <wink>,

I couldn't quite bring myself to start the 21MB download.  I'm still
pondering my approach to the whole Speech Recognition (SR) thing.  I'm
gradually getting some hardware set up that might support it and
considering the Dragon Preferred product (around $135 somewhere on
the net) versus saving up for the Dragon developer's kit.  Third in
line, I guess, is Microsoft's 21MB download.  Although ...

I'm also thinking of overall priorities -- in that that SR might
not be able to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear (then again,
a sow's ear may be better at SR than a silk purse).

  -- Frank
  frank.sergeant at pobox.com