learning Python (rat book)

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Sat Apr 24 09:36:54 EDT 1999

David Ascher wrote:
> > I'm currently working on the German translation. it will be
> > ready by end of July. I will try to adjust the index to mention
> > every person who plays a role in the book.
>
> Great -- make sure to check in with Mark and I about the fixes we make
> for the next printing, and let us know of the other bugs you find in the
> process.

Sure I will. I also owe Mark a correction list for the
Pocket Reference.

On extracting names:
I'm setting up a batch process which turns all the Framemaker
files into MIF files. Then I will run a Python script which
extracts every possible name, and checks it against my name
list. The name list is generated form my email archives which
have everything until Oct 1996, so I'm pretty sure I will
find everybody who mailed on some list, and I can use
the intersection with the extracted name candidates to amend
the index. :-)

ciao - chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net