Emacs' python-mode buggy?

Christopher Petrilli petrilli at trump.amber.org
Thu Apr 29 00:39:00 EDT 1999

Tim Peters <tim_one at email.msn.com> wrote:
> [Markus Stenberg]
>> At least by my experiences the Emacs mode (at least, two versions I
>> tried, 3.75 and whatever came with Python 1.5.2) seems to have tons of
>> bugs;

> Yes, that would be entirely Barry Warsaw's fault -- pymode had no bugs when
> I worked on it, and Barry is a known drug addict.  Well, all right, I was
> the drug addict, and I lied about Barry -- but I'm sure it's still all his
> fault <wink>.

Barry's a musician, 'nuff said. :-)  But he likes Indian food, so he must
be Dutch... do those cancel out? :-)

>> to be more precise, it seems to think a lot more of my code than should
>> be is string (and therefore is green and indentation doesn't work).

> Offhand, that sounds like one bug.  Try posting a minimal failing example?
> Amorphous griping doesn't help.  If you searched DejaNews before posting,
> you may have noticed that reports of pymode bugs are conspicuous by absence.

WEll, I have noticed some problems with tripple-quoted strings on occasion,
but I see similar problems in other modes, so I THINK it's something to do
with how (x)emacs applie the font-lock-mode parameters.

Chris