OpenSSL/X.509

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Thu Apr 8 15:26:52 EDT 1999

Andrew M. Kuchling wrote:

> M.-A. Lemburg writes:
> >Sure, but if your company is US based, then chances are high
> >you won't be able to share the code outside the US... that's
> >why I started mxCrypto, BTW.
>
>         Note that Pat Knight has a UK-based project to SWIG SSLeay;
> could you work using that as a base?  http://www.ktgroup.co.uk/~pat/

I've looked at that code before I started off into mxCrypto. Pat's
approach uses pointers in the internal OpenSSL's data structure
as basis for doing the wrapping. Unfortunately, those pointers
seem to not work properly anymore in more recent versions of OpenSSL.

Also, he swigged the BIO and SSL parts in OpenSSL, mxCrypto takes
care of most of the crypto routines. X.509 and ASN.1 are not
handled in Pat's version.

Thanks for the tip anyway :-)

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 267 days left