User-defined variables / compilation

Jan Thomczek jant at igd.fhg.de
Tue Apr 20 10:44:10 EDT 1999

Hello,

I´m new to this newsgroup and maybe you´ll say "Wow! What a stupid
question..." I think you´re right-

I used to program in Turbo-Pascal 6. I installed Python on my NT
4.0-machine.

I wonder how is the procedure to define the varibles by a user like
"readln(x);" I´m sure there is a simple way to do so.
Another question is: How do I *compile* the lines I have written to an
*.exe-file?

Thanks in advance,

Jan Thomczek

--
o---------------------------------------------------o
|  JAN THOMCZEK                                     |
o---------------------------------------------------o
|  Marketing und Kommunikation                      |
o---------------------------------------------------o
|  Telefon: +49 (0)6151 / 155-437                   |
|  Fax:     +49 (0)6151 / 155-446                   |
|  E-mail:  jant at igd.fhg.de                         |
|           jant at zgdv.de                            |
|  Scientists have shown that the moon is moving    |
|  away a small measurable distance from the earth  |
|  every year. You can calculate that 65 million    |
|  years ago the moon was orbiting the earth at a   |
|  distance of about 10 meters from the surface...  |
|  This would explain the death of the dinosaurs.   |