povray.py

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Fri Apr 9 16:48:46 EDT 1999

In article <slrn7gsick.14q.quinn at necro.ugcs.caltech.edu>, Quinn Dunkan
<quinn at necro.ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:

> pov.py v0.0:
> http://www.calarts.edu/~elaforge/pov/
>
> I guess it's released now :)

Cool!  Looks very neat.  I'm not quite clear on how you're planning to
handle animations.  Will your Python script spit out a different
POV-Ray script for each time point?  Or will it spit out a whole series
of them?  Some things, like flocking behavior, are really hard to
implement in a clock-independent way.

Also, I see matrix transforms are on your to-do list.  I suggest you
use the Numeric module.  Use dot(m1,m2) or dot(m1,v) to combine
matrices or apply a transformation matrix to a vector, respectively.

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe at strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |
Check out the Mac Web Directory!    http://www.strout.net/macweb.cgi