How many of us are there?

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Wed Apr 21 22:22:57 EDT 1999

[Ivan Van Laningham]
> Hello, Pythonistas--
> Does anyone out there have some idea how many people subscribe to the
> mailing list, or read the newsgroup?

Yes, I keep exact daily tallies of both, along with the precise number of
Python programmers broken down by industry, application, age, gender,
income, countries of origin and residence, employer and life goals.

While I can't pass this information out for free, it's available for a
price.  How do you think all those spammers got your email address <wink>?

python's-demographics-make-perl's-look-like-cobol's-ly y'rs  - tim