Internet Robot

gscot at my-dejanews.com gscot at my-dejanews.com
Sat Apr 10 00:52:06 EDT 1999

David Steuber:	Thank you for the reply (and Thanks to every one that
replied). It was a big help to read over the rfc 1945 and rfc 2068. It is the
first time that I have every looked at one and they are pretty informative.
      I can now POST my request but the server is asking for authentication.
You mentioned that it might be helpful to capture and look at the client’s
out put. How do I do that. I am using linux RedHat 5.0. I read in “TCP/IP
Network Administration” from O’Reilly (A great book) and they suggested using
snoop or tcpdump. I could not find a version of snoop for linux. I tried
tcpdump, but it gave me a lot of what looked like Greek to me (I am not at my
own computer or I would add some of  tcpdump produced). I had expected to see
thing in English.	 Thank you again for your previous reply and thanks
in advance for any information you can give me with this.    Gary