Python without registry entries

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Apr 13 03:43:54 EDT 1999

Paul Prescod wrote in message <37116F7B.3E3088EB at prescod.net>...
> I would prefer if PythonWin did what Netscape does which is put the vast
> majority of setup information in a text file in the Netscape directory and

Actually, this is done in .py code.  A single MFC call allows you to toggle
this behaviour.  Would certainly be possible to have most Pythonwin config
info in a .ini file with only very minor changes.

But this is only info like the recent file list, window positions, editor
preferences etc - not pythonpath type information - pythonwin leaves that to
Python (as as Fredrik mentions, site and sitecustomize are good mechanisms
for that)

Mark.