Freezing an App

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Apr 14 00:26:56 EDT 1999

Calishar wrote in message ...

>  The part I am having problems with is using win32api. It runs, doesnt set
>the registry values it is suppoed to, and exits without giving any errors.

Im not sure what you mean here.

Firstly, you could consider simply shipping win32api.pyd - ie, dont freeze
it.  You should definately try to get your frozen application working with
win32api.pyd before attempting to freeze it.

You do this simply by excluding win32api from the freeze using "-x win32api"

If you want to freeze the win32api sources into your app, the process then
is:
* Download the sources to the win32api module.
* Check out the .ini file that comes with freeze.  It is used to locate the
source to win32apimodule.cpp.

Run freeze - it may complain it cant find the file.  If so, ensure the
environment variable it uses is set.  I can't recall exactly what that is.

This could do with more work - Im happy to discuss ways you can help to make
this better for the next person :-)

Mark.