Quick fix to add "+="

Blake Winton bwinton at tor.dhs.org
Fri Apr 16 19:04:07 EDT 1999

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:26:44 -0400, Fuming Wang <fmwang at mediaone.net> wrote:
>Any one knows a quick fix to add "+=" function. I am really getting
>tired of typing long names twice.

Heh.  I can't wait to see the other replies...  :)

+= has been left out of the language for a good reason, and thus it's
probably not likely that there's an easy way to add it.  I think you
will have to recompile the interpreter to get it to do what you want,
and even then, I don't think that you really want what it would do.

Surely there's some discussion about += in dejanews which would provide
more enlightenment that I can.

Later,
Blake.