Python and CGI

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Thu Apr 29 18:15:31 EDT 1999

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Yesterday, I mailed an announcement for mxCGIPython, a drop-in
> setup extension for the Python source distribution that allows
> compiling a one-file executable containing the standard Python
> interpreter + the standard library + the default builtin
> modules. The result is a complete Python installation in one
> single file -- easy to install and ship around.
>
> Although there were a number of hits on the web-page, I'm not
> sure whether the announcement got the message through... this
> is intended to be a campaign with the goal of promoting Python
> as CGI engine.

Ok, the first compiled version are being submitted. Good sign :-)
So far, I've received these setups:

	cgipython-1.5.2-Linux-2.0.35-i586-unknown.gz
	cgipython-1.5.2-Linux-2.0.36-i586-unknown.gz
	cgipython-1.5.2-Linux-2.0.35-i686-unknown.gz

Hmm, maybe I should include the libc version/name too.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 246 days left