NT: win32api and win32ui import error

hj_ka at my-dejanews.com hj_ka at my-dejanews.com
Sat Apr 17 21:33:46 EDT 1999

Help!

I have previously used win32api and win32ui in Windows 95 without
problem. However, I have now installed Python 1.5.2 and Pythonwin
124 (win32all-124.exe) on a brand new Windows NT machine, and I
get errors when importing win32api or win32ui:

>>> import win32api

"exceptions.ImportError: DLL load failed: The process cannot access
the file because it is being used by another process."

The problem is confined to Windows NT only. Windows 95 and Windows 98
have no problem.

I don't know whether this is also related: when I installed
win32all-124.exe, I got a few warnings:

"Registration of the (AXScript/Python Interpreter/Python Dictionary)
failed. Installation will continue, but this server will require
manual registration before it will function."

regards,

Hung Jung