Numeric: vector operations?

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Fri Apr 9 13:23:45 EDT 1999

Playing with Numeric today, I noticed an apparent lack of common vector
operations, like normalization, vector-length, and cross product.
These are fairly easy to code for my own evil purposes, but it's
surprising that they're not in there.  Am I missing something?  Or are
they purposefully omitted for some reason (e.g., they only apply to
very restricted sorts of matrices whereas other operations are more
general)?

Thanks,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe at strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |
Check out the Mac Web Directory!    http://www.strout.net/macweb.cgi