CORBA IDL AND SCRIPTS

Nat Pryce np2 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Apr 30 13:38:37 EDT 1999

>      My question is: Is there any support for generating Scripting
> language bindings from CORBA IDL or a
>      translator (less preferable) that can translate from CORBA IDL to a
> scripting language IDL  ??

Any scripting language that has a binding to the CORBA Dynamic
Invocation Interface (DII) and Interface Repository (IR) can
safely invoke operations on CORBA objects without knowing their
types at compile time.  If you make all the APIs you want to be
scriptable available through an ORB then the scripting interfaces
will be available "for free".

Cheers,
	Nat.

--
| Name:   Nat Pryce MEng ACGI              | Dept. of Computing, |