Python without registry entries

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Apr 13 03:32:13 EDT 1999

Paul Prescod wrote:
> I would prefer if PythonWin did what Netscape does which is put the vast
> majority of setup information in a text file in the Netscape directory and
> make a single pointer to that from the registry.

sitecustomize.py still works, afaik

(see the comments in site.py for details).

iirc, most of the stuff in the registry isn't really there
for plain python usage; it's there to make sure COM
and other windows-specific goodies work as they
should.

(btw, if you want a really plain python-on-windows
installation, our py15 distribution doesn't touch the
registry or the system directories at all...)

</F>