Rat sited on Amazon

John W. Baxter jwbaxter at olympus.net
Fri Apr 30 01:25:49 EDT 1999

In article <37292D6C.5684BF72 at rubic.com>, jeffbauer at bigfoot.com wrote:

> Hey everyone.  Check out what's featured on Amazon today
> under "Computers and Internet".
>
> Has David or Mark ever refused to buy you a free drink?
>
> Now's your chance to get even and write a negative review.
>
> It's never too late for blackmail, or what we of the
> genteel persuasion prefer to call "negotiation".
>
> ethics-at-$3-a-round-ly yr's
>
> Jeff Bauer
> Rubicon, Inc.

My (preordered) copy came with a little "surprise" folded into the book.
Stapled together:  a packing slip for 40 copies and an invoice for 57
copies.

Once I recovered enough to read, I noted that the packing slip and invoice
were O'Reilly shipping to and invoicing Amazon.  I felt much better then.
(Or was this Amazon attempting to improve quarterly results?  ;-))

   --John

--
If nothing is pressing, putter about with this or that.
    (Fortune cookie)
John W. Baxter   Port Ludlow, WA USA  jwb at olympus.net