Windows install has problems. Guido asked that I use this newsgroup to discus further

Barry Scott barry at scottbb.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 13 17:57:30 EDT 1999

>I wish I could.  The installer is very stupid.  Windows sucks :-(

    Is the WISE installer unable to deal with Win 9X vs. NT and handle
    registry queries and updates? I'm sure that I can do this with
    InstallShield (a poorly designed, annoying, but functional installer).

    As for the tcl80.dll problems. Either assume that tcl80.dll is in the
    standard (english) installation place
    %systemdrive%\program files\tcl\bin\tcl80.dll.

    OR release note that users must add the Tcl bin dir to there PATH.

    As the python lib does not have a module to access the registry it makes
    getting the info from the registry hard.

    Maybe 1.6 needs a windows registry module to solve this and
    other problems.

            BArry