cygwin32-b20 _tkinter problem

Monika Göhmann MGoehmann at t-online.de
Mon Apr 12 13:50:56 EDT 1999

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999 19:32:31 -0400, Robert Kern
<kernr at mail.ncifcrf.gov> wrote:

>Add -lexpect526 to the command line.  Those symbols are only defined in
>libexpect526.a of the cygwin B20.1 distribution.
>
>Hope that helps.
>
>[snip]
>
>--
>Robert Kern           |

Well yes, I did but got a myriad of error messages. I now do believe,
you need to comment out a few lines in _tkinter.c.

//#if TKMAJORMINOR < 8000 || !defined(MS_WINDOWS)
//#define HAVE_CREATEFILEHANDLER
//#endif

Cygwin does not define MS_WINDOWS, since it is kind of a "UNIX"
system. Nevertheless the two functions which were giving me the error
are not included ( other than in the expect526.a which does not work )

With this change _tkinter.c does compile and link fine and IDLE, for
example is running. I still do have lot's of problems with PATH
settings, but that's another story.

Thanks for your help, Monika Göhmann