PyApache problem (was -- Re: Cross-references between dynamically loaded modules under AIX)

Oleg Broytmann phd at sun.med.ru
Tue Apr 27 10:49:38 EDT 1999

Hello!

   Recenly I found a problem trying to use PyApache. I installed it on Sun
(sparc-solaris), found it working nicely, and tried to install it on linux.
I got an error in httpd error_log:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "xxx.py", line 3, in ?
    import cgi
  File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/cgi.py", line 422, in ?
    import urllib
  File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/urllib.py", line 25, in ?
    import socket
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/socketmodule.so:
undefined symbol: _Py_NoneStruct

   I recompiled PyApache with different options. Sometimes it works,
sometimes it files again with the same error.
   Anyone understand what is going on and how to make PyApache stable?

   (on all my systems - sun, redhat 5.1 and debian 2.1 - there is python
1.5.1 and apache 1.3.4; recently I upgraded to python 1.5.2 and apache
1.3.6, but nothing changed - the same problem with dynamic loading)

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999, Randall Hopper wrote:
> Not knowing NumPy, my assumption is you are failing on a .so-to-.so module
> dynamic link.  If so...
[skipped]
> Randall

Oleg.