Crappy Software was Re: [OffTopic: Netscape] Re: How should

Martijn Faassen faassen at pop.vet.uu.nl
Wed Apr 7 16:56:24 EDT 1999

Christian Tismer wrote:

[netscape plugin maddness]
> They should rewrite the whole crap, presumably
> build it from the bones of Grail :-))

It is my understanding that they *are* rewriting the whole crap. The new
crap looks pretty nice, at least the layout pre-alphas I tried grokked
CSS 1 pretty well (though there were some bugs left in stress tests at
the time I tried those some months ago). I don't know about the plugin
architecture, but I think they're rewriting everything. It being open
source would help as well with debugging, and if you don't like their
plugin architecture you can try to introduce your own (yeah, that was
easily said and not easily done, I know, I know :)

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about the hellish pains you underwent! Perhaps
you can give some input to the Mozilla people working on this, though.

Regards,

Martijn