Writing lines longer than 80 charc !

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Wed Apr 7 13:22:39 EDT 1999

In article <e6iPAsIg#GA.226 at upnetnews03>, SunitJoshi
<SunitJoshi at email.msn.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if someone knew of a way of writing a line of more than 80
> characters to a file in way that it won't split it into two lines.

Well, you could type the line in BBEdit Lite, then use the "Save"
command...

I assume you don't mean writing a line to a file in Python, because it
doesn't split it into two lines.  Maybe you think it does because of
the way you're viewing it?

For a more detailed answer, try posting a more detailed question.

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe at strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |
Check out the Mac Web Directory!    http://www.strout.net/macweb.cgi