converting perl to python - simple questions.

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Thu Apr 29 20:21:27 EDT 1999

[Tim and Randal Schwartz exchange Perl quotes <ahem>]

[Randal]
> Yes, Perl is heavily context sensitive... and so are human beings. :)

[Moshe Zadka]
> I wonder if Randal came here (2 messages in this group) to spread the
> regular Perl propaganda (summarized by "This language is icky because
> programmers are icky")....

Na.  Randal's occasional visits to c.l.py have always been pleasant.  In
fact, he should hang out here more often!

Here's a topic for civil debate:  Resolved:  returning different stuff
depending on whether an expression is in array or scalar context is no worse
than killing those of your classmates wearing shirts with sports insignia
<wink>.

oh-ya?-i'll-see-that-and-raise-you-two-hitlers-ly y'rs  - tim