Tkinter hangs on mainloop

mrfusion at bigfoot.com mrfusion at bigfoot.com
Wed Apr 21 00:05:56 EDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 02:49:43 GMT, mrfusion at bigfoot.com wrote:

>>> It hangs.

I think I've narrowed it down the the tcl\tk installation.  The wish80
program doesn't seem to work correctly.  If I double click on the
program, nothing happens.  I downloaded an earlier version of tcl\tk,
installed it and that version of wish worked just fine.  I've also
noticed that when I try to start my "hello world"  python\TK scipt,
while it's hanging there it seems to  keep spawning wish80 processes.
If I kill them in the task switcher, another one (or two or three)
keeps showing up.

I've tried downloading the latest install (8.0.5) files directly from
http://www.scriptics.com  but that didn't seem to fix anything.

Does this shed any light on the problem???

Thanks,
Tom