NT: win32api and win32ui import error

hj_ka at my-dejanews.com hj_ka at my-dejanews.com
Sun Apr 18 16:50:45 EDT 1999

In article <slrn7hio0v.vlp.bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu>,
  bernhard at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Bernhard Reiter) wrote:

>  Mark said, that the following dll and their versions might
> be relevant:
>
> ole32.dll
> oleaut32.dll
> msvcrt.dll

No luck. I downloaded some more recent versions of ole32.dll
and oleaut32.dll from http://solo.abac.com/dllarchive/, (their
msvcrt.dll is older, from VC5 instead of VC6). I also tried
those DLLs from my Windows 98 System folder. I tried many
combinations. Here is the list of the versions:

msvcrt.dll:
   5.00.7303   (solo.abac.com)
   5.00.7128   (my Windows 98)
   6.00.8267.0 (my Windows NT)

ole32.dll:
   4.71.1120   (solo.abac.com)
   4.71.1719   (my Windows 98)
   4.00        (my Windows NT)

oleaut32.dll:
   2.20.4122   (solo.abac.com)
   2.20.4122   (my Windows 98)
   2.20.4118   (my Windows NT)

I tried many combinations of the DLLs inside the
C:\Winnt\system32 folder. But they didn't help, and
matter of fact, they broke something else and I got
more error messages from the operating system.

NT has had persistent problem with the Pythonwin
extensions. This is not the first time. I have
never been able to run Pythonwin or use its
extensions modules (e.g: win32api, win32ui) on NT,
and we have quite a few NT machines here.

The current real status is: PYTHONWIN DOES NOT
RUN ON NT. At least not on modern NT versions
(our msvcrt.dll is dated 9/23/98, this should be
considered fairly recent.)

I am willing to track down the problem a bit more.
But help is needed from Mark or other people. I am
lost at this moment.

regards,

Hung Jung