#!/usr/bin/env python -u

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.xerox.com
Fri Apr 16 21:28:04 EDT 1999

Martin,

I'm not a big fan of the /usr/bin/env approach for Python scripts,
because at PARC many people run without having Python on their paths.
Many, many packages at PARC, including Python and ILU, are installed in
their own directory tree under either /project (/project/ILU/) or
/import (/import/python-1.5/).  People enable or disable various
packages depending on what they're up to.

So I tend to depend on GNU configure when I'm installing a script.  I
actually look for Python in the user's environment, then use sed to
hard-code that path into the scripts before installing them.  Can this
be done with RPM?

Bill