Extension Doc bug

Fred L. Drake fdrake at cnri.reston.va.us
Thu Apr 29 17:21:19 EDT 1999

Michael P. Reilly writes:
 > I just spent the morning trying to find a very obscure bug related to
 > the passing keyword arguments to a builtin method/function.

Michael,
  You didn't post your original code that exhibited the bug, so I
can't be sure of my conclusions.  If you can send source for enough of
your extension module that someone can compile it, that would be
helpful.
  My first inclination, however, is that you passed in illegal
arguments to PyArg_ParseTupleAndKeywords().  Passing NULL for the
keywords dictionary is allowed; I've been looking at the
implementation and don't see a way for that to be a problem (but I
might have missed something).

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake at acm.org>