PythonWin Debugger comments

cmedcoff at my-dejanews.com cmedcoff at my-dejanews.com
Wed Apr 21 10:23:25 EDT 1999

I am quite new to Python.  I've just started tinkering with the PythonWin
environment and would like to make the following comments.  I'd like to hear
some feedback on them. (I'm using build 123.)

1)Syntax highlighting in the debugger needs to go one step further.  While
one can change the color of the "current line" it would be nicer if one could
change background color of the "current line" also.  It would make it much
more obvious what the current execution point is.  Lots of other debuggers do
this.

2)I've had problem with both the PythonWin debugger and the IDLE debugger.
Both seem to have problems stepping out of a function call. Usually this
results in hanging the debugger (Windows NT 4.0 Service Pack 4).

Regards,
Chuck