Emacs' python-mode buggy?

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Wed Apr 28 19:39:35 EDT 1999

[Markus Stenberg]
> At least by my experiences the Emacs mode (at least, two versions I
> tried, 3.75 and whatever came with Python 1.5.2) seems to have tons of
> bugs;

Yes, that would be entirely Barry Warsaw's fault -- pymode had no bugs when
I worked on it, and Barry is a known drug addict.  Well, all right, I was
the drug addict, and I lied about Barry -- but I'm sure it's still all his
fault <wink>.

> to be more precise, it seems to think a lot more of my code than should
> be is string (and therefore is green and indentation doesn't work).

Offhand, that sounds like one bug.  Try posting a minimal failing example?
Amorphous griping doesn't help.  If you searched DejaNews before posting,
you may have noticed that reports of pymode bugs are conspicuous by absence.

things-are-fishier-than-you-suspect-ly y'rs  - tim