Tkinter hangs in Emacs in 1.5.2 on Win32

Pat Knight pat at ktgroup.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 12:20:57 EDT 1999

I often prototype fragments of Tkinter code using the interactive Python mode
in NT emacs. Since installing 1.5.2 the interpreter hangs when run
interactively inside Emacs.

If I type
from Tkinter import *
r = Tk()
r.title('pat')

I never get a >>> prompt from the interpreter after entering the r.title()
call.

The same sequence of commands works fine in the regular stand-alone
interpreter.

Does anyone know what's going on before I prepare a bug report?

I'm using Python 1.5.2 on Windows 98 and Windows NT with the Tcl/Tk that comes
with Python 1.5.2 and NT Emacs 20.3.1 with the python-mode.el that comes with
Python 1.5.2.

Pat Knight
VCS Development Manager, The Knowledge Group, Bristol, UK
+44-117-900-7500	Corporate Web: http://www.ktgroup.co.uk