converting perl to python - simple questions.

Moshe Zadka moshez at math.huji.ac.il
Thu Apr 29 13:29:45 EDT 1999

On 29 Apr 1999, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Tim> Perl actually has the same problem, but it's *usually* hidden by "regexp
> Tim> context"; e.g.;
<snipped examples by Tim, and counter exampales by Randal>

> Yes, Perl is heavily context sensitive... and so are human beings. :)

I wonder if Randal came here (2 messages in this group) to spread the
regular Perl propaganda (summarized by "This language is icky because
programmers are icky")....

Randal, while I'm sure you're a good guy, and I liked ``Learning Perl'',
most of us at c.l.py heard more about Perl then we'll ever want to --
in fact, I think many of us moved to Python from Perl, and never looked
back. (Or we'd turn into salt)

(And hey, Randal, when you wake up and start using Python, I'm sure you'll
be one of the best c.l.py posters <0.5 wink>)

and-one-day-larry-wall-will-help-maintain-python-too-ly y'rs, Z.
--
Moshe Zadka <mzadka at geocities.com>.
QOTD: My own exit is more likely to be horizontal then perpendicular.