Suggestion for alternative to map/filter functions

Evan Simpson evan at tokenexchange.com
Fri Apr 23 11:18:21 EDT 1999

Albert Hofkamp wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi, Albert!

> While reading the tutorial, I noticed that Python has map and filter
> functions. In our language we also had them, but they were replaced by
> another language construct.
> Unfortunately, I don't have time and experience enough to put this in
> python myself, but if people are interested in it, I can provide details.

What language are we speaking of here?  I'm sure somebody here would be
interested in a description of this mystery construct, if it's sufficiently
elegant. Sorry, I find your post amusingly cryptic.

It should be mentioned that map and filter (and especially their buddy
lambda) are lonely immigrants from the land of functional programming, and
are regarded with suspicion by many of the natives.

a-construct-proposed-by-Fermat-in-the-margin?-ly y'rs
Evan