Crappy Software was Re: [OffTopic: Netscape] Re: How should

guppy invalid.address at do.not.email
Thu Apr 8 17:25:44 EDT 1999

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999 06:39:21 GMT, boud at rempt.xs4all.nl wrote:

>Gordon McMillan <gmcm at hypernet.com> wrote:
>:
>: There's even a difference between exiting from the file menu and
>: closing from the title bar.
>:
>: When's the last time you closed a GUI from the file menu??
>:
>: Sheesh.
>:
>
>That rings a bell - it also occurred in the last version of Oracle
>Forms 4.5 I had the misfortune to work with. Worse, closing the app
>with alt-spacebar (for the system menu) would hang the whole of
>Windows.

Gahd.  Yet another way to do it.  The guy at Mackido (dunno the URL
offhand) documents twenty-odd other ways to close an app.

Macintosh has three or four.

One can develop quite a significant despisal of Windows when one starts
realizing just how lousy an interface it has...

--
MSpeak: in-no-va-tion, n. 1. extending or modifying
existing standards in undocumented ways. 2. creating