Why use Python when we've got Perl?

Ian Clarke I.Clarke at strs.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 09:25:09 EDT 1999

My apologies, this is wandering off-topic, I will keep it short.

Ok, so your point is that I was inciting flames, but that is not in
itself a bad thing.  I can live with that.

> comp.lang.perl.misc is primarily for talking about Perl, not trying to
> defend Perl to a Python advocate.  I'm sure the converse is true of
> comp.lang.python.  Someone who starts a language advocacy flamewar and
> then plays innocent about it isn't exactly holding the moral high ground.

I never claimed to be perfect, Tom's post just angered me as he was
accusing me of fanning the flames where as in he was contributing much
more to the whole thing than I was.

Ian.